Boston Brown Bread and other Quick Bread recipes are sensational treats and wonderful gifts to make during the Holiday season. It’s the time of year when you get together with friends and family, and special treats are always a part of the festivities.
Quick breads, also known as tea breads, are quick and easy and oh so delicious! Make sweet-tasting breads with bananas, pineapples, raisins, cranberries, carrots, and pumpkin. Or try savory ones like cheesy zucchini bread.
Give them as gifts as well. Bake your bread in round tins or mini-loaf pans. After baking and allowing the bread to cool, wrap in plastic wrap and tie up with a colorful ribbon. Simple and delicious and a perfect little gift!
Try this recipe for Boston Brown Bread. Like many quick bread recipes, this bread is delightful when spread with cream cheese or butter.
Boston Brown Bread
2½ C flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt 1 ½ C raisins
2 C water
1 C sugar
1 T shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare tins – use shortening or a cooking spray to grease the inside of cans.
- Combine the flour, soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- To a pot, add raisins and water. Heat to boiling point.
- While the raisins and water are heating, in a large bowl add the sugar and shortening. Combine.
- Add the egg to the sugar mixture and beat until creamy.
- Once the raisins and water come to a boil, remove from heat.
- Alternating between the raisin mixture and the flour mixture, begin adding them to the creamy mixture. Add – combine – add – combine – until the raisin mixture and the flour mixture are combined with the creamy mixture.
- Pour the batter into 3-4 tins/cans about 1/2 full. Note. You can also use small bread tins.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 1 hour.
You can find this recipe and more at A Cup of Tea Please [http://www.a-cup-of-tea-please.com].
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Patricia_Galvin