Banana cake is one of the most versatile desserts today. You can eat right after it has cooled down from the oven or you can frost it with your desired frosting. You can even top it with fruit jams, syrups, nuts or anything that suits your fancy. In order to enjoy a lavishly frosted and topped cake, you need to have the perfectly baked banana cake.
Here are some tips on how to make a delicious banana cake:
1. First, gather all your ingredients, measured and weighed, and placed in separate bowls for easy and smooth flow of the preparation process. Keep your electric mixer, wooden spoons, rubber spatula, wire whisks and mixing bowls within reach.
2. Second, the butter should be softened but still cold. When you cream the butter and sugar, make sure that the sugar has been incorporated into the butter resulting into a creamy and fluffy mixture.
3. Another tip on how to make a delicious banana cake is that the eggs should be slightly beaten and added into the butter – sugar mixture one by one and mixed well every addition. You should have a smooth mixture after this stage.
4. When adding the dry and liquid (milk) ingredients into the egg mixture, always start with the dry ingredients and end with the dry ingredients also. In this step, the dry and liquid ingredients are added alternately into the egg mixture, mixing well after each addition. You can add in three batches of the flour mixture and the milk mixture in two batches. This is a very important process because the way you combine the ingredients will greatly affect the result of your cake. Over mixing the batter will result in a dry and crumbly cake.
5. Then lastly fold in the pureed or mashed bananas and food extract into the batter. Mix just until the mashed bananas are evenly distributed into the mixture.
6. One more great tip on how to make a delicious banana cake is to follow the oven temperature and baking time stated in your recipe. This is very vital in baking the banana cake so that there will be an even cooking time and the cake itself will result in a nice and delicious looking cake.
A great recipe will yield great results when followed strictly. These are just some tips on how to make a delicious banana cake as some banana cake recipes will call for different instructions. Always remember to measure and weigh the ingredients as stated in the recipe and follow the oven temperature and baking time written in the recipe